The PhD Program offers an academically challenging and rigorous program designed to prepare?students for a career in research and teaching with a particular focus on Asia and the Pacific. This full-time program emphasizes a strong foundation in both methodological and theoretical training. Students gain valuable research?skills through collaborative work with world-class faculty.?Students planning academic careers can take advantage of teaching opportunities, along with instruction in teaching techniques that are especially effective in management education.
To attract PhD students with superior academic potential and to prepare these students to become leading scholars with an Asia-Pacific focus in international management.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of international management issues in Asia and the Pacific.
- Demonstrate knowledge required to teach in one of the following functional areas: accounting, finance, organization & strategy, information technology management, and marketing.
- Demonstrate research skills and ability to write publishable reports in chosen area of international research.
- Effectively teach courses.
- To contribute to the creation of knowledge in international management with an Asia/Pacific focus.
- To produce outstanding researchers and teachers with special competencies in International Management with an Asia/Pacific focus.
- To enhance the capability of the State of Hawaii to participate internationally in the global economy.
- To enhance the core competencies of the faculty at the University of Hawaii in the area of International Management.
- To enrich the scholarly and collegial culture of the Shidler College of Business at the University of Hawaii.